“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
Volunteer Opportunities Available
Volunteers are an integral part of our organization. We rely on the talents, skills and generosity of many wonderful volunteers to ensure that those in need are able to receive food. To help, simply complete one of the registration forms in the links below.
Volunteering During Covid-19
- We encourage our volunteers to stay home if you are feeling sick, regardless of the type of symptoms you are experiencing.
- If volunteers do not feel comfortable coming to work at God’s Storehouse, please do not feel obligated and stay home if you feel that is the best choice for you, your health, and the health of those around you.
- We have increased our focus on cleanliness and will perform regular sanitation of high traffic, high touch areas.
- Wash your hands often and be sure to cover your coughs and sneezes.
- We have disposable gloves, hand sanitizer, and hard surface cleaner and paper towels available throughout the facility. Please use as needed.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other volunteers, staff, or customers.
- We encourage you to wear a mask if you have one. We have disposable and reusable masks and shields available if you need one.
Individuals are needed on a regular basis to check-in customers, distribute food boxes and pick up food donations in addition to many other tasks. If you need to volunteer for school/scholarship credit, keep scrolling for specific instructions on how to sign up.
- We have many recurring volunteer shifts available for Food Distribution and in our Warehouse. These positions are ideal for people who can be physically active for extended periods of time.
- To view our volunteer shifts and to sign up to volunteer, visit Serve365.org.
- Once you've registered for a shift, we will contact you with more details.
- Questions about volunteering? You can always reach out to our Assistant Director, Emily, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (434) 793-3663.
Community Service Volunteering
At this time we are accepting a limited number of volunteers who need to complete community service hours that are court mandated or to pay off court fines. If you are interested in completing your community service with God's Storehouse, call 793-3663 and leave your name and phone number and we will get back to you to schedule an appointment.
School/Scholarship Credit Volunteering
God's Storehouse accepts students who need to complete community service hours that are for school or scholarship credit.
- Read our One-Time Community Service Volunteer Guidelines.
- Visit Serve365.org to sign up for a volunteer shift* with God's Storehouse. View this guide for help creating a Serve365.org profile and signing up for a shift.
- Download, print and complete the One-Time Community Service Volunteer Release Form.
*Note: if you are required to complete a minimum of 2 hours of volunteer service, you must sign up for and complete at least two 1.5 hour shifts listed in order to receive credit.
Urban Farm Volunteering
Volunteers are needed throughout the year to maintain the Urban Farm and complete special projects.
- Read our Urban Farm Volunteer Guidelines.
- Download, print and complete the Urban Farm Volunteer Release Form and return it to God’s Storehouse at 750 Memorial Drive or to the Urban Farm Coordinator via email at email@example.com.
If you are interested learning more about volunteer opportunities with God’s Storehouse, please send an email with your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn about our volunteer policies and procedures, review our Volunteer Handbook.